Saturday, September 18, 2010

Currency Changes

Blizzard recently announced that changes would be made regarding the in-game currency. By currency, I don't mean gold or silver, but rather all the badges, emblems and marks that have been collected relating to both PvP and PvE. In short, Frost and Triumph emblems convert to Justice Points, all other PvE emblems (including BC ones) become gold, and PvP marks and honor are converting into solid Honor Points. MMO Champion has a nice guide and converter that you should really check out. The changes are also on the PTR now if you've transferred a character.

This has put me in a bit of a pickle because now I'm unsure what to do with the badges I have left. I spent all of my Conquest and lower emblems on Heirlooms for my new Cataclysm alts. I was planning to downrank a few Triumphs as well to finish off with some trinkets and offspec gear, but with Triumphs and Frost emblems being combined into snazzy new Justice Points, would I be better off saving and getting some more T10?

Hell, at this point is T10 really worth it? The 4.0.1 patch is already background downloading and the PTR has been running for a week. Cataclysm can't be that far off at this point. Is it worth it to spend these points on gear that will be replaced with much needed mastery in two months? Should I get more heirlooms to help my new little dudes out? Or should I just save the points, since it basically sounds like Justice Points will be the currency for 85 purchasable gear as well (though I'm sure the cost will be much much higher than the little pittance I still have left).

What are you doing? Choices?!

No comments:

Post a Comment