Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Save the Gnomes/Trolls Finally!

I feel so behind because this patch actually happened yesterday.. but hey, work all day, then night class, then ICC25... I was busy!

One of the rewards is an item that turns you
into a Gnome or Troll on a 4 hour CD
I'm not even going to attempt to write out all of the lore about why these homelands were lost in the first place. Lets just says troggs, radiation, and exile were all involved, and details can be found on WowWiki. Having played Alliance almost exclusively, I'm far more familiar with the Gnomish side of things, and I am going to be mostly referring to things from that event, but hey, I'm glad the Trolls are getting their stuff back as well.

Anyway, In order to assist with this world event, and receive the Feat of Strength and a few vanity items, you need to speak to individuals in Ironforge/Sen'Jin Village. This then begins a small series of quests that eventually lead to an event similar to the post-Wrathgate Undercity quest. It is on a timer, and a raid group is not required. Many of the early quests can be done at low levels, but full completion requires 75+.

I'm not going to lie, the event is short. I took maybe an hour all together to complete. But even still, I felt it was a nice little diversion to get players pumped for the changes to come, and it was nice to finally see these races rally to take back what was theres. ...And it was an excuse to fly my Gnomeregan title and ride and Mechanostrider everywhere feeling awesome.

For a full guide on all of the quests, check out Wowhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment