Monday, September 13, 2010

PTR 4.0.1 Downloading....

The PTR version of Patch 4.0.1 was released just yesterday. Unfortunately... I'm still downloading it. It's 16 monstrous gigs and even with my obscenely fast internet connection I'm only 7 in so far. maybe by the time I get back from class tonight. Fingers crossed!

I have never actually done a PTR before. That's right. Almost six years and I have never tried a PTR. But I'm doing this one. Why? Because even though it doesn't have actual Cataclysm content, it does have the new skills and talent trees implemented, and I really want to play with them since I don't have beta access.

As of right now, characters cannot be copied over, so you can only play around with new characters, but I'm alright with that for now. It's better than just looking at screenshots!

I'll write up some more once it's actually downloaded and installed.

1 comment: